Saturday 18 January 2014

My fridge sends Spam!!

So in the bid to make our lives easier and more efficient we have actually been able to turn our everyday appliances against us. Proofpoint which is a white hat hacking security company, in a bid to show off the security weakness of appliances managed to use everyday home appliances which have processors on them and access to the internet, used them to send spam emails. Great!! Just what we want a fridge that can keep our food cool and also send our thousands of junk email. Now I love technology don't get me wrong, but there comes a point where you have to think about what really needs to be updated, and what sort of appliances can just be left be. I see no gain that can be made by having a fridge connected to the internet. I don't need my fridge to give me weather updates, or give me breaking news. I need my fridge to do one job, and one job only keep my food refrigerated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment