Saturday 18 January 2014

Google Lenses?

Well here goes my first re-action article! Now I am all for advances in technology don’t get me wrong. However I think sometimes people like Google and other companies who spend billions on research and development can get a bit carried away.  Today I see that Google has announced that it is working on a contact lens that can detect glucose levels in the body and can flash LEDs in the eye of the user to warn of too high or low levels. Now I know that certain people especially those suffering from diabetes need to regulate their levels of glucose in-order to know when to take insulin, but does this lens really need to be a factor played in that equation. Do they really think that those suffering from diabetes want to be wearing a constantly flashing LED in their eye. Now I don’t want to be mean either but statistically speaking those who suffer from diabetes tend to be in their later life, and do they really want to be fiddling about with this tiny contact lens trying to get it into their eye and then taking it out every night. I don’t know, to me it seems that this is a non-starter and that they should not develop too much into it. But I am also interested in what you think about this idea. Do you think that Google is onto something here, or do you think those Google glasses that their employees have been wearing are starting to go to their heads? Comment below and tell me your opinions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment